VISION AND THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The Neighbourhood Plan establishes a vision of our parish in 2033 and sets out a number of objectives through which the Vision will be achieved. The Vision and Objectives should reflect, among other things, the issues raised during consultations with the villagers of Ickford.
In 15 years’ time, Ickford will still be an independent and distinctive community comprising both Ickford and Little Ickford, conserving and enhancing its rich architectural and environmental heritage for the benefit of villagers and for future generations. We will endeavour to protect and enhance those characteristics which make Ickford a place that people choose to live in and enjoy.
To find opportunities for landscape, recreational and ecological gain whilst minimizing the impact of new development.
- To protect, improve and extend where possible the village’s open spaces.
- To protect the landscape setting and rural character.
- To protect and enhance the historic and architectural environment of the village and its surroundings.
- To conserve and protect biodiversity.
To provide existing and future residents with good housing.
- To provide a limited amount of housing to meet local needs including a range of affordable homes.
- To provide an appropriate mix of housing for the elderly, who may wish to downsize, and for first time buyers.
- To ensure that all new housing is of quality design using materials that enhance local distinctiveness, at the same time ensuring that flooding risk and proper drainage are given priority.
- To keep all new developments small in keeping with the character of the village.
- To attempt where possible to give priority to people with local connections.
- To ensure that all new development, location and design is resilient to the effects of climate change and flooding.
Traffic and Transport
To reduce the negative impact of traffic and encourage safe walking and cycling.
- To ensure new developments have stated plans for the improvement of parking, accessibility and traffic flow.
- To improve the footpath network as an amenity and improve access to village facilities.
- To position developments of any kind such that current problems with congestion, safety and parking are not exacerbated and, if possible, reduced.
To enhance the prospects for local employment and business growth.
- To support local businesses and employment opportunities, including home working.
- To provide local, affordable housing for local employees.
- To ensure that up to date communication services are available to businesses.
To maintain the character, culture and vitality of the village as a thriving community.
- To ensure housing development has actionable and enforceable plans to enhance the community and facilities.
- To work towards maintaining the village’s diversity and demographic balance as part of housing policy
- To protect important village assets. These are, in alphabetical order, church, heritage and conservation areas, recreation ground, pub, school and shop.
The Ickford NDP will be monitored on an annual basis by local planning authorities and the Parish Council.
- To ensure plans and policies are met.
- To keep villagers up to date on issues and progress.
- By collecting when necessary views from villagers and relevant date to enable progress to be measured.
- The publishing of a 5-year review.